Abstract：In light of the climate crisis, the European Forest-Based Industries, including the pulp, paper and other fibre-based product industries, the woodworking industries, the producers of furniture, the bio-energy sector and the printing industry。
In light of the climate crisis, the European Forest-Based Industries, including the pulp, paper and other fibre-based product industries, the woodworking industries, the producers of furniture, the bio-energy sector and the printing industry, have come together to present their vision of the European society in 2050 and the essential role that they can play, delivering on the carbon neutrality goal.
The Forest-Based Industries (FBI) will provide the most competitive and sustainable net-zero
carbon solutions. They will do that by
• substituting CO2-intensive raw materials and fossil energy with forest-based alternatives
• eradicating waste and boosting recycling with a sector target of at least 90% material collection and 70% recycling rate for all wood-based products
• driving resource efficiency and enhancing productivity in all areas including materials, manufacturing and logistics
CEPI states in a press release
“We will maximise the use of recycled fibres. Our paper products are easily recyclable and effectively recycled across Europe; the recycling rate of paper is already 71.6% today. As we can meet the society’s current and future needs with non-fossil materials, we anticipate a growing demand for wood and wood-based products that we expect to be translated into FBI market growth of 3% annually.
Our vision is also supported by the European forest owners, farmers, parquet industries and agricultural contractors. While the implementation of this pioneering vision needs to overcome some hurdles, such as the need for accepted recyclability protocols at European level, new technological solutions that will radically change production processes, and a shortage of skilled workforce or market distortions, we plan to deepen our existing partnerships.
We will boost innovation through applied research and innovation programmes such as the Forest-based sector Technology Platform, and engage in market development, to ensure our innovative solutions are attainable for consumers in their daily lives.”
- 1Express Interview of Huang Shasha Who is CEO of Wdoodoo Innovation and Empowerment during the Anit-epidemic Period
- 2Two Wheel Drive Helps the Platform to Develop Wdoodoo Empowers the Whole Industry Chain of Paper Products and Sanitary Products
- 3Strengthen the Cooperation of Papermaking Industry Chain, and Beijing United (603613. SH) visited Guangxi Famous Pulp and Papermaking Enterprises
- 4Persian Cat Paper entered into Wdoodoo Live Broadcast ——As a result, over 15000 viewers and more than 25 million yuan orders!
- 5Wdoodoo Starded the Live Broadcast First Time with Goods As a Result: Orders Over 50 Million yuan, Visitors Over 21,000
- 6Why wood pulp is world's new wonder material
- 7Post-90s Entrepreneur Huang Shasha Who is CEO of Wdoodoo
- 8Who bought all the toilet paper? Study suggests who was most likely to stockpile during COVID-19
- 9Forest-based industries present its Vision 2050